Contact Hours: 15
Description: Have you ever worked with an unmotivated client? Is your client non-compliant to treatment or giving you less than 100% effort? Research supports a strong relationship between client-motivation and therapeutic outcomes. This course teaches you how to identify and overcome common barriers within the therapeutic environment by using evidence-based motivational strategies. This course is appropriate for therapists of all levels.
15 Contact Hours
"All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence."
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
What people are saying...
"...this was one of the best courses I have participated in." - C.P. Arlington, TX
"I believe this is a course every therapist should take. It really opened my eyes." - E.M. San Diego, CA
"Once I started the course, I was unable to stop because of how interesting it was." - V.L. Olmito, TX
"The course was inspirational and useful in a therapy session. Every therapist should complete this course." - K.R. Humboldt, SD
Audience: OT, OTA, PT, PTA, ST
Skill Level: Entry Level, Intermediate, and Advanced Practitioners
Contact Hours: 15
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
Teaching Methods: Text-Based learning modules, course activities, and interactive forum
Criteria for Passing: Each learner must complete all online activities/handouts, pass each section quiz, and pass a final exam to receive credit.
Course Objectives: Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify four motivational principles underlying the Motivational Therapeutic Treatment Plan.
2. Identify seven categories of motivational barriers that could potentially limit or stall the therapeutic process.
3. Use the Client Intake Interview to identify a client's specific motivational triggers to mobilize the therapeutic process.
4. Identify five therapeutic guidelines for the practitioner to use when applying the Motivational Therapeutic Treatment Model.
5. Identify five strategies used to enrich the therapeutic environment in order to lead the client through therapy, enhance performance, and achieve greater therapeutic outcomes.
Here is the course outline:
Please read the introduction to provide you with important information and tips about your course.
2. Section 1 - Introduction to Motivation
Click to view section 1.
3. Section 2 - The Motivational Treatment Model (MTTM)
Click to view section 2.
4. Section 3 - Introduction to Motivational Barriers
Click to view section 3
5. Section 4 - Defining The Client
Click to view section 4.
6. Section 5: Application of the Motivational Therapeutic Treatment Model (MTTM)
Click to view section 5.
7. Section 6: Energize the MTTM by Enriching the Content
Click to view section 6.
8. Section 7 - Concluding Remarks
Click to view section 7.
Click to view references.
10. Final Exam
You must receive a 75% or higher to pass. You will have 3 tries to pass the test.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|