3 Contact Hours
This entry-level/refresher course helps occupational therapists understand the laws, policies, and regulations that govern practice in public schools, private practice, hospitals, and early intervention programs. Assessment and criteria for services as well as funding sources will also be discussed. Four vignette's for each setting will help each learner assimilate course content into a real-life setting.
Audience: OT, COTA
Skill Level: Entry-level
Contact Hours: 3
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
Teaching Methods: Course content includes text from, "Kids Can Be Kids: A Childhood Occupations Approach (2012)" Edited by Shelly J. Lane, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA and Anita C. Bundy, ScD, OTR, FAOTA. Copyright 2012 FA Davis. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission.
Criteria for Passing: Each learner must complete all learning activities/handouts and pass a final exam to receive credit.
By the end of this course, each learner will be able to:
- Explain the effect of policy and regulations on occupational therapy practice with children in the following U.S. settings: school, private practice, hospital (i.e., inpatient, outpatient, neonatal intensive care), and early intervention.
- Identify the criteria for occupational therapy services in schools, private practice, hospital, and early intervention settings.
- Describe the major differences and similarities in occupational therapy services provided in various settings, including regulations, reimbursement, and desired outcomes.
Here is the course outline:
Please read the introduction to provide you with important information and tips about your course.
2. Course Objectives - Laws, Policies, and Regulations in Pediatric Occupational Therapy Practice
Click to view course objectives.
3. Coursework - Laws, Policies, and Regulations in Pediatric Occupational Therapy Practice
Click to view coursework.
4. Course Final and Survey - Laws, Policies, and Regulations in Pediatric Occupational Therapy
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|