2 Contact Hours
This course is about cultural differences in pediatrics, about learning rules for behavior and when those rules might vary. It helps the learner to become culturally competent, recognizing when differences are significant and about developing strategies to address those differences in culturally appropriate ways. entry-level/refresher course is appropriate for occupational, physical, and speech therapists and assistants.
Audience: OT, COTA, PT, PTA, SLP
Skill Level: Entry-level/Refresher
Contact Hours: 2
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
Teaching Methods: Course content includes text from, "Kids Can Be Kids: A Childhood Occupations Approach (2012)" Edited by Shelly J. Lane, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA and Anita C. Bundy, ScD, OTR, FAOTA. Copyright 2012 FA Davis. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission.
Criteria for Passing: Each learner must complete all learning activities/handouts and pass a final exam to receive credit.
By the end of this course, each learner will be able to:
1. Define culture and describe the usefulness of the concept to occupational therapy practice.
2. Describe the three types of cultural competence: culture general, intercultural, and culture specific.
3. Identify your own tacit knowledge that affects the ways in which you interact with others, including children and their families.
Here is the course outline:
Please read the introduction to provide you with important information and tips about your course.
2. Course Objectives - Cultural Competence in Pediatric Rehabilitation
Click to view course objectives.
3. Coursework - Cultural Competence in Pediatric Rehabilitation
Click to view the course materials. Completion of all coursework is required to pass this course and to access the final exam.
4. Course Final and Survey - Cultural Competence in Pediatric Rehabilitation
Click to take the final exam. Remember, you must complete all coursework to take the final exam and pass this course.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|