3 Contact Hours
This course assesses the validity, reliability and responsiveness of current standardized client self-report outcomes tools that enable the client’s subjective view to be measured both qualitatively and quantitatively. Specific tools, grouped as generic, regional and disease-related measures, are identified, including description of the tool as well as the validity and reliability of each. The purpose of the course is to facilitate the incorporation of these measurements into the evaluation and treatment process.
Audience: OT, COTA, PT, PTA
Skill Level: Basic to Intermediate
Contact Hours: 3
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
Teaching Methods: Course content includes text from, "Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: Clinical reasoning and treatment guidelines for common diagnoses of the upper extremity (2007)" Edited by Cynthia Cooper, MFA, MA, OTR/L, CHT - Copyright 2009 Elsevier, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission.
Criteria for Passing: Each learner must complete all learning activities/handouts and pass a final exam to receive credit.
By the end of this course, each learner will be able to:
- Identify variable aspects of the various functional outcomes assessment tools.
- Identify the positive and negative features of the various tool formats and results.
- Discuss the positive and negative features of the two primary scoring scale: VAS and Likert Scale.
- Identify the criteria for evaluating a measurement tool.
Here is the course outline:
Please read the introduction to provide you with important information and tips about your course.
2. Course Objectives - Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: Assessing Function
Click to view course objectives.
3. Coursework - Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: Assessing Function
Click to view course materials.
4. Course Final and Survey - Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: Assessing Function
Click to take final exam. Completion of coursework is required to access the final.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|