According to the Arthritis Foundation in 2005, nearly one-out-of-three adults suffer from arthritis, the nation s leading cause of disability among Americans over the age of 15. This course provides occupational and physical therapists critical information necessary to effectively adapt therapeutic exercises for individuals who suffer from arthritis, a condition that can drastically slow a patient's progress in rehab. Additional focus is on post-therapy home programming and designing community exercise programs.
Sponsored by: Edlantis Seminars, Inc. and DSWFitness
Audience: OT, COTA, PT, PTA
Skill Level: Entry Level, Intermediate
Contact Hours: 5
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
Teaching Methods: Course content includes the text, "Exercise and Arthritis (2007)" written by Stephanie Harris, MD and Gwen Hyatt, M.S.
Criteria for Passing: Each learner must complete all learning activities/handouts and pass a final exam to receive credit.
Course Objectives: At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the general pathology of arthritis;
- Identify ways for an individual to manage their arthritis;
- Demonstrate how to develop a therapeutic exercise program for individuals with arthritis;
- Identify at least five factors a therapist needs to monitor while a patient is participating in therapeutic exercise;
- Identify at least five different criteria for terminating participation in therapeutic exercise;
- Identify coping strategies for Rheumatic Disease to address fatigue, stiffness, depression, and difficulties with activities of daily living.
Here is the course outline:
Please read the introduction to provide you with important information and tips about your course.
2. Course Objectives
Click to view course objectives.
Click to view course materials. Completion of all coursework is required to take the final exam.
4. Course Final and Survey
Click to take the final exam. You must complete all coursework to access the final.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|